For a period of almost 150 years the corner of Dunoon's Argyll Street and Ferry Brae has been home to a clothing and outfitting shop.
Dunoon's Argyll Street and Ferry Brae Throughout the past 62 years and for as long as most people can remember the name above the door, a mark of quality and reliability, has been been Bell's of Dunoon.
For the whole of that period, Bell's has been run by the same family with Mrs Jean Bell, though now retired, still retaining a keen interest.
These days, the business is run by her daughter Jeannette and son-in-law William Ferguson, with Michael Boyce a fellow director.
There have been many changes over the years, not least the expansion of the premises, but the one thing that has been retained is the quality and choice of the goods available for sale.
And the level of service and provision of his quality goods demanded by the founder, James Bell, back in 1935 have proved to be the secret of Bell's continued success.
Other changes include the move of the Clan Centre from the Argyll Hotel. A most interesting display and one only previously available in the summer months. Its transfer to Bell's main shop means the centre will be open all year round.
And now to keep up with todays ever changing technology, Bell's is on the internet. All e-mail enquiries can now be sent directly to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and includes many other pages of up to the minute information on tartans, clans and regimental souvenirs.
Bell's is supported by the following companies